Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KishoreShetty

Create relation between two transaction tables based on date column [ many to many ] issue

Need your help on a problem. I have two non-related transaction table and I need to show it's metrics on the dashboard with date silcer. How do I create date relationship between this tables since it would be many to many relation (multiple transaction same date) and use date column as silcer. while building dashboard I found missing counts if I use M to M relation.

Thanks in advance  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lukiz84
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

You don't create the relationship between those 2 fact tables.

Just connect the date field of your Date table to the date fields of the 2 fact tables. Done.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MahyarTF
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi,

It is enough to create the date table and set the relation (1:*) from Date to your tables and then develop a slicer on the particular date table.

you could use the below link to create the date dimension :

https://radacad.com/all-in-one-script-to-create-calendar-table-or-date-dimension-using-dax-in-power-...

Mahyartf
lukiz84
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

You don't create the relationship between those 2 fact tables.

Just connect the date field of your Date table to the date fields of the 2 fact tables. Done.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.