Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

paulvans182
Helper III
Helper III

Count Employees with Multiple Interviews on Same Day

Good morning,

This is a bit of an extension of a previously answered question: DAX Count Records that have changed values

I have a data model that looks as follows:

Query - Same Day Model.PNG

The Scenario:

Employees have been interviewed twice over a period of time for several different Consultations (Working Hours, Pay Policy etc.).  I have noticed in the data that some employees have had both of their interviews on the same day for a particular survey.  I'd like to count the number of times this has happened.

I have tried to manipulate the solution I received in the above-referenced post.  Here is the formula: 

AOC Same Day Interviews = 
    SUMX(
        'Employees',
        VAR vEmployee = Employees[Employee ID]
        VAR vFirstInterview = 
            FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Interview_Fact'),
            Interview_Fact[EmployeeID]=vEmployee
            && Interview_Fact[Interview Details] = "First Interview"
            )
        VAR vSecondInterview = 
            FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Interview_Fact'),
            Interview_Fact[EmployeeID]=vEmployee
            && Interview_Fact[Interview Details] = "Second Interview"
            )
        VAR vFirstInterviewDate = MAXX(vFirstInterview,Interview_Fact[Date])
        VAR vSecondInterviewDate = MAXX(vSecondInterview,Interview_Fact[Date])
    RETURN
        IF(vSecondInterviewDate = vFirstInterviewDate,1,0)
    )

However, the results are completely wrong.  I believe the issue is because I need to add a third criterion to the vFirstInterview variable FILTER and the vSecondInterview variable FILTER to ensure that the two dates being compared are for the same Consultation ID.  However, I don't know how to include this within the FILTER variable.

Please could someone provide me some guidance on how to resolve this?  Thank you so much

Kind regards,

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@paulvans182 , Try like

Check =
var _tab = filter(Summarize(Interview_Fact,[EmployeeID],Interview_Fact[Date],"_1", distinctCOUNT(Interview_Fact[Interview Details]])),[_1] >1)
return
countx(summarize(_tab,[EmployeeID]),[EmployeeID])

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@paulvans182 , Try like

Check =
var _tab = filter(Summarize(Interview_Fact,[EmployeeID],Interview_Fact[Date],"_1", distinctCOUNT(Interview_Fact[Interview Details]])),[_1] >1)
return
countx(summarize(_tab,[EmployeeID]),[EmployeeID])

Hi @amitchandak,

Sorry, I have been validating the data and have spotted an issue.  

Your expression appears to correctly identify whenever an Interviewer has interviewed an employee twice on the same day for a specific consultation. 

However, when the Employee has been interviewed twice on the same day by a different Interviewer, this is not picked up.  You can see this in the image I have placed belowQuery - Same Day Problem.PNG

Could you please help me to resolve this?

Kind regards,

Paul

Hi @amitchandak,

I managed to fix it.  Removed the second SUMMARIZE that was contained in the COUNTX function and I am now getting the results I was after.

Check = 
var _tab = 
    FILTER(
        SUMMARIZE(Interview_Fact,[EmployeeID],Interview_Fact[Date],"_1",COUNT(Interview_Fact[Interview Details])),[_1] >1)
RETURN
COUNTX(_tab,Interview_Fact[EmployeeID])

Thanks again, sorry for spamming this thread so much - this problem has been driving me a bit crazy.

Kind regards,

Paul

Sorry, I am an idiot.  I didn't see the double square brackets after Employee Details.  I have corrected that and am testing out the solution.  Sorry, thank you.

Good morning @amitchandak ,

Thank you for the response, although it appears there is an error in the expression.  I tried to insert it and get the following issue:

Query - Same Day Expression.PNG

Is there perhaps a typo in your response?  I can't seem to spot the cause.

Thanks again for the help, I really appreciate it. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.