Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Convert data / Machine Utilisation

Hello,

On my other tables i have the data formatted as time so I can convert to total seconds and then divide by the seconds in the working day (In order to get Utilisastion)

• Is there a way to convert the "Drilling Time" column to time in hh:mm:ss format. It currently is displaying as Text but the data appears in mm:ss e.g 02:37 is 2 minutes and 37 seconds
  • Is it possible to also convert the "production time"column to time in hh:mm:ss format. The whole number data is in seconds eg 10 is 00:00:10.   

I would ideally like to add the drilling time and production time together for each part.  Then divide by seconds in the day.

I may be going about this the wrong way so I am open to suggestions and new methods.

Thanks,

Drilling TimeDrilling TimeProduction TimeProduction Time

2 REPLIES 2
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can create column or measure using DAX below. Then convert them to Time data type.

Column:

convert Drilling Time = FORMAT(CONCATENATE("00:",Table1[Drilling Time]),"hh:mm:ss")

convert Production Time = var d=IF(Table1[Production Time]=BLANK(),"00:00:00",IF(LEN(Table1[Production Time])=1,CONCATENATE("00:00:0",Table1[Production Time]),CONCATENATE("00:00:",Table1[Production Time])))

return FORMAT(d,"hh:mm:ss")

Measure:

convert Drilling Time measure = FORMAT(CONCATENATE("00:",MAX(Table1[Drilling Time])),"hh:mm:ss")

convert Production Time measure = var d=IF(MAX(Table1[Production Time])=BLANK(),"00:00:00",IF(LEN(MAX(Table1[Production Time]))=1,CONCATENATE("00:00:0",MAX(Table1[Production Time])),CONCATENATE("00:00:",MAX(Table1[Production Time]))))

return FORMAT(d,"hh:mm:ss")

2.png3.png

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats a huge Help amy and nearly 100% there.

I have just found out that some of the data in the production time data is greater that 60 seconds so I am unable to convert to time.

Any suggestions @v-xicai ?

amy.JPG

some Drilling time is also greater than 60 minutes

dt.JPG

Thanks for your help thus far

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.