Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Convert data / Machine Utilisation

Hello,

On my other tables i have the data formatted as time so I can convert to total seconds and then divide by the seconds in the working day (In order to get Utilisastion)

• Is there a way to convert the "Drilling Time" column to time in hh:mm:ss format. It currently is displaying as Text but the data appears in mm:ss e.g 02:37 is 2 minutes and 37 seconds
  • Is it possible to also convert the "production time"column to time in hh:mm:ss format. The whole number data is in seconds eg 10 is 00:00:10.   

I would ideally like to add the drilling time and production time together for each part.  Then divide by seconds in the day.

I may be going about this the wrong way so I am open to suggestions and new methods.

Thanks,

Drilling TimeDrilling TimeProduction TimeProduction Time

2 REPLIES 2
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can create column or measure using DAX below. Then convert them to Time data type.

Column:

convert Drilling Time = FORMAT(CONCATENATE("00:",Table1[Drilling Time]),"hh:mm:ss")

convert Production Time = var d=IF(Table1[Production Time]=BLANK(),"00:00:00",IF(LEN(Table1[Production Time])=1,CONCATENATE("00:00:0",Table1[Production Time]),CONCATENATE("00:00:",Table1[Production Time])))

return FORMAT(d,"hh:mm:ss")

Measure:

convert Drilling Time measure = FORMAT(CONCATENATE("00:",MAX(Table1[Drilling Time])),"hh:mm:ss")

convert Production Time measure = var d=IF(MAX(Table1[Production Time])=BLANK(),"00:00:00",IF(LEN(MAX(Table1[Production Time]))=1,CONCATENATE("00:00:0",MAX(Table1[Production Time])),CONCATENATE("00:00:",MAX(Table1[Production Time]))))

return FORMAT(d,"hh:mm:ss")

2.png3.png

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats a huge Help amy and nearly 100% there.

I have just found out that some of the data in the production time data is greater that 60 seconds so I am unable to convert to time.

Any suggestions @v-xicai ?

amy.JPG

some Drilling time is also greater than 60 minutes

dt.JPG

Thanks for your help thus far

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.