Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Max01
Helper I
Helper I

Column Sorting

Hello!

I have a sales pipeline and I'm reporting against various different pieces of data. I have a number of bar charts and unforunately powerbi is sorting the 'sales stage' alphabetically which isn't what we'd like. I tried creating an individual measure for each sales stage, but when you have multiple charts this is very long and also only seemed to help for stacked and pie charts, not for standard bar charts.

I do have a linked table which contains the sales stage and its order number:

Capture.PNG

However I can't get powerbi to sort in this order.

Please can you help?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

To use a different column when sorting, ensure that [Oppo_Stage] used in your visuals is from the table with the [Oppo_Stage_value] in it.  In the Fields pane, select [Oppo_Stage], then in the Modeling tab, select Sort by Column, and choose [Oppo_Stage_value].  This should allow the text to be sorted based on the numbers. 

Sort by ColumnSort by Column

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

To use a different column when sorting, ensure that [Oppo_Stage] used in your visuals is from the table with the [Oppo_Stage_value] in it.  In the Fields pane, select [Oppo_Stage], then in the Modeling tab, select Sort by Column, and choose [Oppo_Stage_value].  This should allow the text to be sorted based on the numbers. 

Sort by ColumnSort by Column

As simple as that! Thank you very much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.