Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

cflasrado

Clustered column chart colors not updating

Hello,

For some reason in my clustered column chart the color is not changing based on the category. It only changes for 2021 and not the other 2 years

power-bi-issue.PNG

In the category selection it appears that all 3 years are selected:

cflasrado_0-1714492391848.png

Any ideas on how make it update for all the years?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Vegiee

Hey Cf! 

There are two ways to tackle this issue. 

Step 1: You can change the view in the chart by adding categories (AGNP, PhD.. etc) to legends and then change the color for each columns.

If you want to stick to the same view you can follow step 2. It's not going to be automated. Example: if there is a new year 2025, you will have to manually update the colors for the year.

Step 2: You can keep years and the categories in the same x axis. To change the colors for the categories you need to filter by each year and manually change the colors of those columns. Example: for year 2020, add a year slicer on the page and filter by 2020. You can then go to categories and change the colors for that year. You will then need to filter by each individual year and follow the same process to see different colors in categories

let me know if this helps! Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
cflasrado

Thanks, both solutions work for me

Vegiee

Hey Cf! 

There are two ways to tackle this issue. 

Step 1: You can change the view in the chart by adding categories (AGNP, PhD.. etc) to legends and then change the color for each columns.

If you want to stick to the same view you can follow step 2. It's not going to be automated. Example: if there is a new year 2025, you will have to manually update the colors for the year.

Step 2: You can keep years and the categories in the same x axis. To change the colors for the categories you need to filter by each year and manually change the colors of those columns. Example: for year 2020, add a year slicer on the page and filter by 2020. You can then go to categories and change the colors for that year. You will then need to filter by each individual year and follow the same process to see different colors in categories

let me know if this helps! Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.