Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DonPepe
Helper II
Helper II

Change relation for a whole dashboard page

Hi,

I hope this request find you well. 

I can't find how to change relation between table for a certain dashboard page. 

Here an exemple of my data :

DonPepe_1-1639144980888.png

In the first page, I want to see data in a table about "LocationFrom" and in the second page I want to see data in a table about "LocationTo". So if I pu a relation from Location[LocationID] to Location[LocationFromID] I have what i want for the first page but not for the second and vice versa for the second with a relation from Location[LocationID] to Location[LocationToID].

I precise a table visual because for cards, I can create a measure with "Userelationship" or "Crossfilter" but I don't understand how to get list of value to put in a table.  

Thanks for your help, have an excellent day !

Don 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @lbendlin ,

First of all, thank you for your answer ! 

My issue with measure is that I can't make a valid one to see a list of data (here location name) in a table. I always have an error with "single value cannot be determined". 

ps : I cannot see your link.

The "manage interaction" option didn't work because it filter on the same column. 

I was able to do it with another calculated table were I almost copy my fact table with summarize. And I change the relation for this new table. But I have the feeling that is not the best way to do it 🙂 

Thank's for the correction, yes it is a Report. I didn't know the difference. 

Thank's for your answer, I will keep update if I find another way. 

Arnaud 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Same way, use a measure and manipulate the relationships/crossjoins/filter directions.

Or you could try using the "Manage interactions" option in Power BI which works on visual level rather than table level.

I assume you mean Report when you say Dashboard. Dashboards don't have pages.

Hi @lbendlin ,

First of all, thank you for your answer ! 

My issue with measure is that I can't make a valid one to see a list of data (here location name) in a table. I always have an error with "single value cannot be determined". 

ps : I cannot see your link.

The "manage interaction" option didn't work because it filter on the same column. 

I was able to do it with another calculated table were I almost copy my fact table with summarize. And I change the relation for this new table. But I have the feeling that is not the best way to do it 🙂 

Thank's for the correction, yes it is a Report. I didn't know the difference. 

Thank's for your answer, I will keep update if I find another way. 

Arnaud 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.