Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Iwanicki
Frequent Visitor

Hide all "Filters on this visual" filters by default

In some reports, I hide all the filters from the "Filters on this visual" pane - I don't want users to be able to play with these. Obviously, doing this manually for each and every filter is rather tedious, especially when I have multiple visuals or when I have a table with lots of columns.

I would like these filters to be hidden be default. Is there a way to do it globally, per report or at least per page?

3 REPLIES 3
Iwanicki
Frequent Visitor

I don't want to hide the filter panel completely. Sometimes I have visual level filters that I do want end users to see. Let's say I have a 20 columns table filtered by a locked filter - a field not used as one of the table's columns. I do want the users to be able to see that filter, as it informs them about what data the table includes. But then I need to manually hide 20 visual level filters for that table, which is not great.

rsbin
Super User
Super User

@Iwanicki,

If I interpret the question correctly,  you can hide then entire panel. Click the eyeball in the top right corner of the panel

rsbin_0-1639155423659.png

I do this for all of my reports on every page.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Iwanicki , under the visual header, you have the option to uncheck the filter icon. You can use that.

I think it works on power bi service after publish. Usually visual header changes do not work on desktop

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.