Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

bdenny
Frequent Visitor

Card showing Blank instead of 0

Hi,

I'm aware that this question has been asked many times but I don't want to hijack any topics.  The answers given in those topics didn't work for me.

I've created a dashboard and I use 4 seperate cards that counts how many files are in which status; New, Under Investigation, 4-eyes, Closed. Datatype is text. When you filter on month and there aren't any files in tjht particular status then it shows Blank instead of 0. 

I've tried new column and a new measure with this DAX-formula and used that new column in the card but it still shows Blank:

New Measure = if(ISBLANK([Blad1[CurrentStatus]]),0,[Blad1[CurrentStatus]])

Are there any other tricks?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Quentin,

Thank you for your reply. I've tried it but I had to add a function like SUM or COUNT or else it wouldn't accept it.

So now I have this and that works! 

Measure = COUNT(Blad1[Huidige status]) + 0

So thank you for guiding me to the right answer! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

You can hide the blank value using a Conditional Formatting rule on the Call Out Value. The rule is 'if blank', then select the same color as the card or canvas background. 

I have created a video tutorial on how to create the conditional rule on the value: https://youtu.be/Xsmbfpa4oCA

biancagilly_1-1652137235851.png

Cheers, Bianca

quentin_vigne
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @bdenny

Can you try this ? :

Measure = Blad1[CurrentStatus] + 0

Use this measure in your card 

- Quentin

Hi Quentin,

Thank you for your reply. I've tried it but I had to add a function like SUM or COUNT or else it wouldn't accept it.

So now I have this and that works! 

Measure = COUNT(Blad1[Huidige status]) + 0

So thank you for guiding me to the right answer! Smiley Happy

jkim62
Frequent Visitor

this doesn't seem to be good solution.

I have 16 cards then i have to create 16 measures? 

ms should implement something like "Show 0 when Blank" in the red circle down below the capture.

capture.png

/k

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the most useful statement I have seen so far on this topic. I am in the same situation with multiple cards. If I have to create a new measure for each, then the power of power BI is lost on me. Is there still no fix for this issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally agree.

You're welcome

Have a good day

- Quentin

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.