Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bdenny
Frequent Visitor

Card showing Blank instead of 0

Hi,

I'm aware that this question has been asked many times but I don't want to hijack any topics.  The answers given in those topics didn't work for me.

I've created a dashboard and I use 4 seperate cards that counts how many files are in which status; New, Under Investigation, 4-eyes, Closed. Datatype is text. When you filter on month and there aren't any files in tjht particular status then it shows Blank instead of 0. 

I've tried new column and a new measure with this DAX-formula and used that new column in the card but it still shows Blank:

New Measure = if(ISBLANK([Blad1[CurrentStatus]]),0,[Blad1[CurrentStatus]])

Are there any other tricks?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Quentin,

Thank you for your reply. I've tried it but I had to add a function like SUM or COUNT or else it wouldn't accept it.

So now I have this and that works! 

Measure = COUNT(Blad1[Huidige status]) + 0

So thank you for guiding me to the right answer! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

You can hide the blank value using a Conditional Formatting rule on the Call Out Value. The rule is 'if blank', then select the same color as the card or canvas background. 

I have created a video tutorial on how to create the conditional rule on the value: https://youtu.be/Xsmbfpa4oCA

biancagilly_1-1652137235851.png

Cheers, Bianca

quentin_vigne
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @bdenny

Can you try this ? :

Measure = Blad1[CurrentStatus] + 0

Use this measure in your card 

- Quentin

Hi Quentin,

Thank you for your reply. I've tried it but I had to add a function like SUM or COUNT or else it wouldn't accept it.

So now I have this and that works! 

Measure = COUNT(Blad1[Huidige status]) + 0

So thank you for guiding me to the right answer! Smiley Happy

jkim62
Frequent Visitor

this doesn't seem to be good solution.

I have 16 cards then i have to create 16 measures? 

ms should implement something like "Show 0 when Blank" in the red circle down below the capture.

capture.png

/k

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the most useful statement I have seen so far on this topic. I am in the same situation with multiple cards. If I have to create a new measure for each, then the power of power BI is lost on me. Is there still no fix for this issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally agree.

You're welcome

Have a good day

- Quentin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.