Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Vitor_sp_bo
Helper I
Helper I

Calculation

Guys, good morning! I have a sales table with two years being 2020 and 2021, I need to do the following calculations 2021 product sales amount * 2021 product sales amount 2020 product sales amount * 2021 product sales amount The sales amount will always be 2021 The problem is that I can only consider products that have passed in two years, products that have passed in just one year cannot be included in the calculation. Does anyone have any ideas please? I spent the day racking my brain, I currently have this calculation in excel. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Vitor_sp_bo Sorry, having trouble following, can you post sample data as text and expected output?
Not really enough information to go on, please first check if your issue is a common issue listed here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Before-You-Post-Read-This/ba-p/1116882

Also, please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

The most important parts are:
1. Sample data as text, use the table tool in the editing bar
2. Expected output from sample data
3. Explanation in words of how to get from 1. to 2.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

@Greg_Deckler 

Okay, I'll try to make a logical explanation and I'm attaching an example of how I did it in excel

Vitor_sp_bo_1-1637677157785.png

1° Step
2020 product sale value * Number of products sold - 2021

2° Step
2021 product sale value * Number of products sold - 2021

3° Add the total of products after the multiplication ( Separated by year, each year has its sum)

Divide the sum of 2021 by the sum of 2020 - 1

I can only consider products that are in both years,

The value I need is the one in yellow:

Try DIVEDE function:

Measure = DIVIDE(SUM('Table'[2021 sales]),SUM('Table'[2020 sales]))-1

If you provide aggregated data, it is difficult to know your data model. Please provide the original data model in pbix with virtual data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.