Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Vitor_sp_bo
Helper I
Helper I

Calculation

Guys, good morning! I have a sales table with two years being 2020 and 2021, I need to do the following calculations 2021 product sales amount * 2021 product sales amount 2020 product sales amount * 2021 product sales amount The sales amount will always be 2021 The problem is that I can only consider products that have passed in two years, products that have passed in just one year cannot be included in the calculation. Does anyone have any ideas please? I spent the day racking my brain, I currently have this calculation in excel. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Vitor_sp_bo Sorry, having trouble following, can you post sample data as text and expected output?
Not really enough information to go on, please first check if your issue is a common issue listed here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Before-You-Post-Read-This/ba-p/1116882

Also, please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

The most important parts are:
1. Sample data as text, use the table tool in the editing bar
2. Expected output from sample data
3. Explanation in words of how to get from 1. to 2.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

@Greg_Deckler 

Okay, I'll try to make a logical explanation and I'm attaching an example of how I did it in excel

Vitor_sp_bo_1-1637677157785.png

1° Step
2020 product sale value * Number of products sold - 2021

2° Step
2021 product sale value * Number of products sold - 2021

3° Add the total of products after the multiplication ( Separated by year, each year has its sum)

Divide the sum of 2021 by the sum of 2020 - 1

I can only consider products that are in both years,

The value I need is the one in yellow:

Try DIVEDE function:

Measure = DIVIDE(SUM('Table'[2021 sales]),SUM('Table'[2020 sales]))-1

If you provide aggregated data, it is difficult to know your data model. Please provide the original data model in pbix with virtual data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.