Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

sam021083
Frequent Visitor

Calculated column help needed

Hello all,

I am facing an issue to get the required column as shown using DAX.

Capture.JPGPlease help how to get the required column in DAX.

Thanks,

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

what I understood from all this is, pick first value from FoecastedAllocation column where the WeekStartingDate is same as MonthlyDate
so here it is,
= IF(Data[WeekStartingDate]=Data[MonthlyDate],FIRSTNONBLANK(Data[FoecastedAllocation],Data[WeekStartingDate]=Data[MonthlyDate]),BLANK())

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Tatynout
Frequent Visitor

hello @sam021083,

Can you please give more details about what is it you trying to do?

Regards,

Tatiana Nouteping

iamprajot
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I do not understand what needs to be done here.
On what basis are you trying to get the required value, explain your issue properly.

Hi,

I have first 3 columnsCapture.JPG in my table. I need to have a calculated column in the format of required column mentioned in the picture using DAX.

Thanks

still don't get it, on what basis is the fourth column - why does it contains values for few rows and why other empty.?

Hi,

I need to show the 4th column values in a graph without summing up all the data for 04/23/2018. I just need to have the first value 80 for the date 04/23/2018 and I need to get the 100 for the date 5/21/2018 and so on based on MonthlyDate column. 

Please let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks.

what I understood from all this is, pick first value from FoecastedAllocation column where the WeekStartingDate is same as MonthlyDate
so here it is,
= IF(Data[WeekStartingDate]=Data[MonthlyDate],FIRSTNONBLANK(Data[FoecastedAllocation],Data[WeekStartingDate]=Data[MonthlyDate]),BLANK())

Thank you very much. It worked perfectly.

Hit Thumbs Up is the solution worked.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.