Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sam021083
Frequent Visitor

Calculated column help needed

Hello all,

I am facing an issue to get the required column as shown using DAX.

Capture.JPGPlease help how to get the required column in DAX.

Thanks,

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

what I understood from all this is, pick first value from FoecastedAllocation column where the WeekStartingDate is same as MonthlyDate
so here it is,
= IF(Data[WeekStartingDate]=Data[MonthlyDate],FIRSTNONBLANK(Data[FoecastedAllocation],Data[WeekStartingDate]=Data[MonthlyDate]),BLANK())

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Tatynout
Frequent Visitor

hello @sam021083,

Can you please give more details about what is it you trying to do?

Regards,

Tatiana Nouteping

iamprajot
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I do not understand what needs to be done here.
On what basis are you trying to get the required value, explain your issue properly.

Hi,

I have first 3 columnsCapture.JPG in my table. I need to have a calculated column in the format of required column mentioned in the picture using DAX.

Thanks

still don't get it, on what basis is the fourth column - why does it contains values for few rows and why other empty.?

Hi,

I need to show the 4th column values in a graph without summing up all the data for 04/23/2018. I just need to have the first value 80 for the date 04/23/2018 and I need to get the 100 for the date 5/21/2018 and so on based on MonthlyDate column. 

Please let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks.

what I understood from all this is, pick first value from FoecastedAllocation column where the WeekStartingDate is same as MonthlyDate
so here it is,
= IF(Data[WeekStartingDate]=Data[MonthlyDate],FIRSTNONBLANK(Data[FoecastedAllocation],Data[WeekStartingDate]=Data[MonthlyDate]),BLANK())

Thank you very much. It worked perfectly.

Hit Thumbs Up is the solution worked.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.