Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculated Column missing values if "IF" Condition not satisfied.

Hi All,

I am finding a solution for IF Condition, saw thousands of threads but din't get the answer.

Please help me, I am stuck because of this calculation.

Below is my table:-

Data.PNG

I want a column for days on sales, where if inventory<>current mnth values, it should go to next condition,

but as above, if 1260<>805, it is giving a blank,

the above calculation is a measure. but i want it in a column as i need the column for lookup and further calc as well.

Please find below link for my PBIX file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fs6uogt1ggs6qvm/try1.pbix?dl=0

My main concern is to get the calculation in a column and not measure.

And also why if the first condition is not satisfied, it does not take into consideration the second or third condition.

Urgent Help Needed!

I am stuck here from days.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

you need to change the condition into 

[Inv]>< cmnthe

but i suggest doing it on power query its way easier, you just need to add a personalized column with a code like this:
If [inv] >< [total Weight] then Duaration.Days ( [date1], [date2]) else null
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous wrote:

I want a column for days on sales, where if inventory<>current mnth values, it should go to next condition,

but as above, if 1260<>805, it is giving a blank,

the above calculation is a measure. but i want it in a column as i need the column for lookup and further calc as well.

Your condition is not checking <> it is doing [inv] <= cmnthe and 1260 <= 805 is false so it falls through to the next condition which is looking for a value of 3 months ago which does not exist and since there are not other conditions to check the switch returns a blank value.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.