Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculated Column missing values if "IF" Condition not satisfied.

Hi All,

I am finding a solution for IF Condition, saw thousands of threads but din't get the answer.

Please help me, I am stuck because of this calculation.

Below is my table:-

Data.PNG

I want a column for days on sales, where if inventory<>current mnth values, it should go to next condition,

but as above, if 1260<>805, it is giving a blank,

the above calculation is a measure. but i want it in a column as i need the column for lookup and further calc as well.

Please find below link for my PBIX file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fs6uogt1ggs6qvm/try1.pbix?dl=0

My main concern is to get the calculation in a column and not measure.

And also why if the first condition is not satisfied, it does not take into consideration the second or third condition.

Urgent Help Needed!

I am stuck here from days.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

you need to change the condition into 

[Inv]>< cmnthe

but i suggest doing it on power query its way easier, you just need to add a personalized column with a code like this:
If [inv] >< [total Weight] then Duaration.Days ( [date1], [date2]) else null
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous wrote:

I want a column for days on sales, where if inventory<>current mnth values, it should go to next condition,

but as above, if 1260<>805, it is giving a blank,

the above calculation is a measure. but i want it in a column as i need the column for lookup and further calc as well.

Your condition is not checking <> it is doing [inv] <= cmnthe and 1260 <= 805 is false so it falls through to the next condition which is looking for a value of 3 months ago which does not exist and since there are not other conditions to check the switch returns a blank value.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.