Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Built In Top N Visual Level Filters don't work with Measures

I've searched and found nothing, so apologies that my first post is an issue/question.  The built-in Top N filter feature works fine for non-calculated columns/measures, but whenever I try to do a top N filter for a measure, I get results of practically the whole list vs. just the top 5 or 10 I want in the visual.  I know I could be using Rank X and other formulas, but honestly, this is a poor solution, something that Tableau solved a while ago.

In the example below, I only want the top 5 stores for Sales $'s/Transaction.  The Sales/Trans is a measure of the formula Sum(Sales $'s)/Sum(Transactions).

Here's what happens, clearly it's more than the top 52017-02-09 08_45_05-Weekly Trade GRv2 - Power BI Desktop.png2017-02-09 08_44_45-Weekly Trade GRv2 - Power BI Desktop.png:

1 REPLY 1
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

I tested with a similar sample as below but cannot repro the same issue. Could you please provide your PBIX file or some sample data to me? I can take a look to see if there are some wrong configurations.

Built In Top N Visual Level Filters don't work with Measures_1.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.