Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Built In Top N Visual Level Filters don't work with Measures

I've searched and found nothing, so apologies that my first post is an issue/question.  The built-in Top N filter feature works fine for non-calculated columns/measures, but whenever I try to do a top N filter for a measure, I get results of practically the whole list vs. just the top 5 or 10 I want in the visual.  I know I could be using Rank X and other formulas, but honestly, this is a poor solution, something that Tableau solved a while ago.

In the example below, I only want the top 5 stores for Sales $'s/Transaction.  The Sales/Trans is a measure of the formula Sum(Sales $'s)/Sum(Transactions).

Here's what happens, clearly it's more than the top 52017-02-09 08_45_05-Weekly Trade GRv2 - Power BI Desktop.png2017-02-09 08_44_45-Weekly Trade GRv2 - Power BI Desktop.png:

1 REPLY 1
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

I tested with a similar sample as below but cannot repro the same issue. Could you please provide your PBIX file or some sample data to me? I can take a look to see if there are some wrong configurations.

Built In Top N Visual Level Filters don't work with Measures_1.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.