cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bigmacfu Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Built In Top N Visual Level Filters don't work with Measures

I've searched and found nothing, so apologies that my first post is an issue/question.  The built-in Top N filter feature works fine for non-calculated columns/measures, but whenever I try to do a top N filter for a measure, I get results of practically the whole list vs. just the top 5 or 10 I want in the visual.  I know I could be using Rank X and other formulas, but honestly, this is a poor solution, something that Tableau solved a while ago.

In the example below, I only want the top 5 stores for Sales $'s/Transaction.  The Sales/Trans is a measure of the formula Sum(Sales $'s)/Sum(Transactions).

Here's what happens, clearly it's more than the top 52017-02-09 08_45_05-Weekly Trade GRv2 - Power BI Desktop.png2017-02-09 08_44_45-Weekly Trade GRv2 - Power BI Desktop.png:

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
v-haibl-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Built In Top N Visual Level Filters don't work with Measures

@bigmacfu

I tested with a similar sample as below but cannot repro the same issue. Could you please provide your PBIX file or some sample data to me? I can take a look to see if there are some wrong configurations.

Built In Top N Visual Level Filters don't work with Measures_1.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 205 members 2,331 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: