Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
matichv Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Break rank ties

Hello,

I need to break ties in a ranking, i saw some solution with a random number but i need the break be for a value of another column.

For example if the values in one column are the same, other column decide the rank. Is it possible?

The solution should be with a measure.

Regards,

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
v-cherch-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Break rank ties

Hi @matichv 

It is possible.You may create measures for the columns which need be ranked with SUM function... first.Then you may refer to this post or this post to get the rank measure.If you need further help.please share a simplified data sample.

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-cherch-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Break rank ties

Hi @matichv 

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is,kindly mark the helpful answer as a solution and welcome to share your own solution. More people will benefit from here.

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 325 members 3,408 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: