Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

WATYF
Helper II
Helper II

Apply a filter based on only one field, irrespective of any of any other fields in my visual...

I'm having a problem applying filters that are limited in scope. Let's say I have a Matrix with two fields in it:

City

Customer

I expand the City of "Chicago" and see all of the Customers in it. Now I pick a Customer named "ABC Parts" and do a drillthough on the Customer Name which brings me to another page. Whatever other visuals I end up at will not only be filtered to show me "ABC Parts", but will *also* only show me data relevant to Chicago. I don't want this. When I find the Customer I'm looking for, I want to see ALL activity for that Customer, regardless of City.

I even tried putting the City in one table, which brought up a list of Customers in a separate table, and then did my drillthrough on just one Customer in the second table. This *still* applied a limitation (by City) on the drillthrough page (there was a separate drillthrough criteria that said "including 1 other" or something like that).

Is there not a way (aside from telling the users to jot the Customer name down on a post-it note and go to a completely separate page to type it in there) that I can allow my users to browse through data by category and then pull up ALL information related to a specific field once they've found it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vicky_
Super User
Super User

You'll need to make some changes to the keep all filters section on your drill-through page. Uncheck "Keep all filters", and then add the Customer dimension to the box, but leave out the City dimension. 

The docs has more info: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-drillthrough#pass-all-filters-in-d...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
vicky_
Super User
Super User

You'll need to make some changes to the keep all filters section on your drill-through page. Uncheck "Keep all filters", and then add the Customer dimension to the box, but leave out the City dimension. 

The docs has more info: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-drillthrough#pass-all-filters-in-d...

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.