Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kayjame

All Measures and Tables Deleted

I didn't find a solution in the forum so thought this might help others. 

Scenario: I was finalizing a Power BI Desktop report and while a report was rendering, an Unknown Error message appeared.  All visualizations went blank with message "Something's wrong with one or more fields. See Details"  I had made no changes but all reports were showing this error.  I reported this through the send a frown option and it was said to be known.  The last time I backed up the report was a week earlier so I had lost many hours of work. (lesson learned)  I eventually noticed the Date table was gone as were any measures or columns I had added using Power BI.  I have no idea how they disappeared or how I could recover these without a recent backup.   

Solution:  I found the most recent temp file and was able to restore a lot of my progress.  The files are located at

\users\user\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\TempSaves

1 REPLY 1
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@kayjame

Please enable trace to see detail infromation about this exception. And you may create a support ticket for deep analysis.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.