cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kayjame New Member

All Measures and Tables Deleted

I didn't find a solution in the forum so thought this might help others. 

Scenario: I was finalizing a Power BI Desktop report and while a report was rendering, an Unknown Error message appeared.  All visualizations went blank with message "Something's wrong with one or more fields. See Details"  I had made no changes but all reports were showing this error.  I reported this through the send a frown option and it was said to be known.  The last time I backed up the report was a week earlier so I had lost many hours of work. (lesson learned)  I eventually noticed the Date table was gone as were any measures or columns I had added using Power BI.  I have no idea how they disappeared or how I could recover these without a recent backup.   

Solution:  I found the most recent temp file and was able to restore a lot of my progress.  The files are located at

\users\user\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\TempSaves

1 REPLY 1
Moderator v-sihou-msft

Re: All Measures and Tables Deleted

@kayjame

Please enable trace to see detail infromation about this exception. And you may create a support ticket for deep analysis.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

We spoke with Power BI Super User, Greg Deckler, about his charity work

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 34 members 973 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: