Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kayjame

All Measures and Tables Deleted

I didn't find a solution in the forum so thought this might help others. 

Scenario: I was finalizing a Power BI Desktop report and while a report was rendering, an Unknown Error message appeared.  All visualizations went blank with message "Something's wrong with one or more fields. See Details"  I had made no changes but all reports were showing this error.  I reported this through the send a frown option and it was said to be known.  The last time I backed up the report was a week earlier so I had lost many hours of work. (lesson learned)  I eventually noticed the Date table was gone as were any measures or columns I had added using Power BI.  I have no idea how they disappeared or how I could recover these without a recent backup.   

Solution:  I found the most recent temp file and was able to restore a lot of my progress.  The files are located at

\users\user\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\TempSaves

1 REPLY 1
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@kayjame

Please enable trace to see detail infromation about this exception. And you may create a support ticket for deep analysis.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.