Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Brighton10
Helper II
Helper II

Aggregate based on CardNumber and Action Date

Hi Power BI community

I have 2 tables [event] and [target]. Event table contains cardnumber, country, action date and type. Output contains cardNumber, country, target_date, Until_date and invoice _date. I want to create a table that contains the cardNumber, country, target_date, Until_date and an Action based on a condition. For example for cardNumber = CN100 in the period (target_date: 2021/01/02) to (Until_date: 2021/01/06) if the type contain 'OK' I want it to show 'Viewed Message' else if Type contains 'OK' and 'Delete' i want to show 'Viewed and Deleted' then finally if type is only 'delete' then show 'deleted'. i have attached some images to illustrate what the final outcome needs to look like. Thank you for help

demo image.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ryan_mayu
Super User
Super User

@Brighton10 

maybe you can create a column in target table

Column = 
VAR _event=maxx(FILTER(Event,'Event'[Action Date]>=Target[target_date]&&Event[Action Date]<=Target[until_date]&&Event[CardNumber]=Target[CardNumber]&&Event[Country]=Target[Country]),'Event'[Action Date])
VAR _ok=maxx(FILTER(Event,'Event'[Action Date]>=Target[target_date]&&Event[Action Date]<=Target[until_date]&&Event[CardNumber]=Target[CardNumber]&&Event[Country]=Target[Country]&&Event[Type]="ok"),Event[Type])
VAR _del=maxx(FILTER(Event,'Event'[Action Date]>=Target[target_date]&&Event[Action Date]<=Target[until_date]&&Event[CardNumber]=Target[CardNumber]&&Event[Country]=Target[Country]&&Event[Type]="delete"),Event[Type])
return if(NOT(ISBLANK(_ok))&&NOT(ISBLANK(_del)),"viewed and deleted",if(NOT(ISBLANK(_del)),"deleted",if(not(ISBLANK(_ok)),"viewd message",if(NOT(ISBLANK(_event)),"not viewd",BLANK()))))

pls see the attachment below

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ryan_mayu
Super User
Super User

@Brighton10 

maybe you can create a column in target table

Column = 
VAR _event=maxx(FILTER(Event,'Event'[Action Date]>=Target[target_date]&&Event[Action Date]<=Target[until_date]&&Event[CardNumber]=Target[CardNumber]&&Event[Country]=Target[Country]),'Event'[Action Date])
VAR _ok=maxx(FILTER(Event,'Event'[Action Date]>=Target[target_date]&&Event[Action Date]<=Target[until_date]&&Event[CardNumber]=Target[CardNumber]&&Event[Country]=Target[Country]&&Event[Type]="ok"),Event[Type])
VAR _del=maxx(FILTER(Event,'Event'[Action Date]>=Target[target_date]&&Event[Action Date]<=Target[until_date]&&Event[CardNumber]=Target[CardNumber]&&Event[Country]=Target[Country]&&Event[Type]="delete"),Event[Type])
return if(NOT(ISBLANK(_ok))&&NOT(ISBLANK(_del)),"viewed and deleted",if(NOT(ISBLANK(_del)),"deleted",if(not(ISBLANK(_ok)),"viewd message",if(NOT(ISBLANK(_event)),"not viewd",BLANK()))))

pls see the attachment below

I have been playing around with the query and this also produces the same result:

Action =
VAR smartcard_num = event[CardNumber]
VAR calc =
CALCULATE(
IF(CONTAINS(event,event[Type],"ok") && CONTAINS(event, event[Type], "delete"),"viewed and deleted message",
IF (
CONTAINS ( event, event[Type], "ok" ),
"viewed message",
IF ( CONTAINS ( event, event[Type], "delete" ), "deleted message"

)
)),FILTER(ALL(event),event[CardNumber]=EARLIER(event[CardNumber]) && event[action_Month]=EARLIER(event[action_Month])))

RETURN
calc

@ryan_mayu thank you. displays as expected

you are welcome

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.