Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DeonDP
Helper II
Helper II

Measure does not calculate % correctly when slicer is used

Hey All

Would appreciate help with this one.

I have a table with Vendor Ledger data that is a combination of a couple of business units.

I use the following measure to calculate the RoSIEInv% and it works fine for the overall calculation, but when I use the slicer, the % calculated is not correct. (See attachment)

RoSIE Inv% = FORMAT([RoSIE Inv]/[Total Invoices], "#,##0 %")

DeonDP_0-1610932893001.png

DeonDP_1-1610932998289.png

The weird thing is that I am using the same formula in the same table for the EDI Inv% calculation, and it works just fine when I use the slicer to see the data for a specific unit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for your reply Amitchandak

I got to the bottom of the issue.

The formula you proposed: RoSIE Inv% = FORMAT(divide([RoSIE Proc],[Total Invoices]), "#,##0 %") , works great but it was actually me that made an error with my measure.

My formula was using an incorrect measure [RoSIE Inv] that was not linked to the slicer table to calculate the % instead of another measure named [RoSIE Proc] that is part of the table linked to the slicer (I hope I said that correctly :-))

I would love to accept your comments as a solution, but it was really me who attempted to apply an incorrect measure.  Thank you though for showing me an alternative measure to the one that I applied to my model.

Cheers

DeonDP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@DeonDP , I am accepting your reply as solution. Good that you are able to find the issue. Kudos to you.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@DeonDP , Can you share the formula of [Total Invoices]  and [RoSIE Inv] .

Also try with divide

RoSIE Inv% = FORMAT(divide([RoSIE Inv],[Total Invoices]), "#,##0 %")

Thanks for your reply Amitchandak

I got to the bottom of the issue.

The formula you proposed: RoSIE Inv% = FORMAT(divide([RoSIE Proc],[Total Invoices]), "#,##0 %") , works great but it was actually me that made an error with my measure.

My formula was using an incorrect measure [RoSIE Inv] that was not linked to the slicer table to calculate the % instead of another measure named [RoSIE Proc] that is part of the table linked to the slicer (I hope I said that correctly :-))

I would love to accept your comments as a solution, but it was really me who attempted to apply an incorrect measure.  Thank you though for showing me an alternative measure to the one that I applied to my model.

Cheers

DeonDP

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors