Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to create a virtual column of a virtual table to use in metrics

Hello everyone,
I'm new to power bi, I have a beginner problem and I ask for your help.
I have a table with disk information collection. This collection occurs several times during the day.
I want to create a metric with the sum of only the last values ​​of the last records of each disk. You will need the following sampletime, samplevalue, and target columns.

I created a calculated column for ease of filtering because I need to filter disk names and use only what is TRUE from this column C_ContainsStringTarget = if ([M_TargetFilter]; TRUE; FALSE).

Here's M_TargetFilter = (CONTAINSSTRING (SELECTEDVALUE (V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES [target]); "VOL_") ||
    CONTAINSSTRING (SELECTEDVALUE (V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES [target]); "_ RDMs") ||
    CONTAINSSTRING (SELECTEDVALUE (V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES [target]); "HYPERSWAP_")) &&
    (NOT (CONTAINSSTRING (SELECTEDVALUE (V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES [target]); "local")))

To return the most current value I created the following metric M_LastValue =
VAR MaxData = MAX (V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES [sampletime])
RETURN
Calculate (
    max (V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES [samplevalue]);
    filter (V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES; V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES [sampletime] = MaxData
    )
)

For the purpose of target-oriented matrix visualization, adding the samplevalue column, adding the M_LastValue metric, and filtering only on the true values ​​of the C_ContainsStringTarget column, I have the matrix with the values ​​I need. But I don't know how to make just one metric by just summing these values ​​returned in this view. Can someone help me?

Detail, I'm making a direct connection to a SQL server (Direct query), I think it limits the use of some functions.

How can I merge these filters into one metric and return the sum of the last recorded values ​​only for the filtered disks with the value TRUE in the C_ContainsStringTarget column?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Following solution:

M_SUM_LastValue =
sumx(
CALCULATETABLE(
all(V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES);
filter(V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES;
V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES[samplevalue]=max(V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES[samplevalue]) )
);
if(V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES[sampletime]=MAX(V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES[sampletime]) &&
V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES[C_ContainsStringTarget]=TRUE;V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES[samplevalue])
)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Following solution:

M_SUM_LastValue =
sumx(
CALCULATETABLE(
all(V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES);
filter(V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES;
V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES[samplevalue]=max(V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES[samplevalue]) )
);
if(V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES[sampletime]=MAX(V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES[sampletime]) &&
V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES[C_ContainsStringTarget]=TRUE;V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES[samplevalue])
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors