Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Tangi12
Frequent Visitor

Count Rows in Table Based on Value

I have looked through this forum for my specific issue and couldn't find anything. 

I have a calculated column that measures the depth of a hierarchy for an individual,  For example, president = 1, VP = 2, Director =3, Manager = 4 and so on. 

I have a formula that I determine the minimum hierarchy number in the list. So if none filtered, hierarchy = 1. I want to count the amount of times 1 appears in the table however when I enter the dax formula for count I get the count for the entire table.

Here is my formula.

For Min value:

.Min Security Level = Calculate(Min(Security[HierarchyDepth]),AllSelected(Security[HierarchyDepth]))

For Count:

.Count Hierarchy Depth = Calculate(COUNT(Security[HierarchyDepth]),Filter(Security,Security[HierarchyDepth]=[.Min Security Level]))

No matter how I change the count formula, the count comes out the same. It counts the entire table. My initial thought is ".Min Security Level" is being evaluated at each line but I thought that MinX was used for that.  

I would greatly appreciate any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
harshnathani
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Tangi12 ,

Try something like this

Count Hierarchy Depth = 

var a = SELECTEDVALUE(Security[HierarchyDepth])
RETURN
Calculate(COUNT(Security[HierarchyDept]),FILTER(Security, Security[HierarchyDepth] = a))

Regards,

Harsh Nathani

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
harshnathani
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Tangi12 ,

Try something like this

Count Hierarchy Depth = 

var a = SELECTEDVALUE(Security[HierarchyDepth])
RETURN
Calculate(COUNT(Security[HierarchyDept]),FILTER(Security, Security[HierarchyDepth] = a))

Regards,

Harsh Nathani

This worked! Thank you so much. The only thing I changed was "var a".  I used mina with it.  

So my final formula was

.Count Hierarchy Depth = 

var a = Mina(Security[HierarchyDepth])
RETURN
Calculate(COUNT(Security[HierarchyDepth]),FILTER(Security, Security[HierarchyDepth] = a))

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors