Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

walkra
Helper III
Helper III

Change My Password

Hi, How are you?. 

Surely I am asking this question in the wrong place but being my English very bad I did not find the place to do it (I'sorry very)
I just want to change my password in this Community. I searched in my profile and I did not find the place to change it.
I also tried to do it when I entered my username (there is a link where it indicates that the password change will arrive in my email but no email arrived). Please, could you help me? Thank you so much!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@walkra - This community leverages your work email account for your password. You don't have a seperate password for this community, and we do not store any password information. Because you use your work email and password to log into the community, I would recommend starting with the IT department of your work because there may be additional requirements put in place by your employer. Here is a link to how to update your Active Directory password.  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/user-help/active-directory-passwords-update-...

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
BrandyG_iTalent
Administrator
Administrator

Hello again @walkra - Because you access the Power BI community using a true AAD account, you will need to reach out to support.microsoft.com to change your password. 

Thank you for being part of the community!

Hi, How are you?

I was trying to search in the search engine of the link that you indicate but I could not find how to change the password. Please, could you give me a more detailed link or what words to use for your search. Thank you so much.

Hello @walkra - Try this link and see if you are able to change your password here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026838

Hi, How are you?.

I entered the link that you indicate in "Sign in to your Microsoft account, then select Security." but I do not see "Security" when I enter the new form, so I entered the link "CLICK HERE TO SIGN IN WITH MICROSOFT", where I enter to "Sign In" (to enter Untitled1111.pngUntitled444.pngmy email, attached screen). But it is strange because the application does not recognize the email that I have and I use in the community (where I get the notices of the community).  I believe that by not recognizing my email, I will not be able to change the password.

What do you think? (Thank you very much for your inquiry.).

Hello @walkra - Perhaps you can try contact Microsoft for support: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/ 

Hi, How are you?. 

You are really very kind. But how complicated it is to be able to solve something so simple. I entered the link that you told me but I go to different screens but I can not find the place to send a password reset request.

First: 

Untitled1.png

Then 

Untitled2.png

"Abrir Obtener ayuda", then

Untitled3.pngHere, I choose "Soporte técnico Premier" (By choosing some)

Untitled4.png

I choose "New support request"

Untitled5.png

But here I dont know that I must enter. My nick is walkra and I dont remember my Password. I dont remember like I do not remember how I registered at the time in the forum. I am trying to learn Power BI to work, and the forum is very useful for me.

Please, could you help me?.

Thank you very much. 

@walkra - This community leverages your work email account for your password. You don't have a seperate password for this community, and we do not store any password information. Because you use your work email and password to log into the community, I would recommend starting with the IT department of your work because there may be additional requirements put in place by your employer. Here is a link to how to update your Active Directory password.  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/user-help/active-directory-passwords-update-...

Hi. Thank very much. 

I will speak with IT (because I could not advance anything). Again, thank you very much for your patience. (If I observe that I do not advance along that path, I will open a personal account; Currently I have recorded my username and password in Internet Explorer). 

No problem @walkra, thanks for reaching out...I am glad you are part of the community!

BrandyG_iTalent
Administrator
Administrator

Hello @walkra - I've moved your post so that I can keep track of it. Let me do some checking interally and I'll get back with you on how we can proceed with your request.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.