Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

walkra
Helper III
Helper III

Change My Password

Hi, How are you?. 

Surely I am asking this question in the wrong place but being my English very bad I did not find the place to do it (I'sorry very)
I just want to change my password in this Community. I searched in my profile and I did not find the place to change it.
I also tried to do it when I entered my username (there is a link where it indicates that the password change will arrive in my email but no email arrived). Please, could you help me? Thank you so much!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@walkra - This community leverages your work email account for your password. You don't have a seperate password for this community, and we do not store any password information. Because you use your work email and password to log into the community, I would recommend starting with the IT department of your work because there may be additional requirements put in place by your employer. Here is a link to how to update your Active Directory password.  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/user-help/active-directory-passwords-update-...

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
BrandyG_iTalent
Administrator
Administrator

Hello again @walkra - Because you access the Power BI community using a true AAD account, you will need to reach out to support.microsoft.com to change your password. 

Thank you for being part of the community!

Hi, How are you?

I was trying to search in the search engine of the link that you indicate but I could not find how to change the password. Please, could you give me a more detailed link or what words to use for your search. Thank you so much.

Hello @walkra - Try this link and see if you are able to change your password here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026838

Hi, How are you?.

I entered the link that you indicate in "Sign in to your Microsoft account, then select Security." but I do not see "Security" when I enter the new form, so I entered the link "CLICK HERE TO SIGN IN WITH MICROSOFT", where I enter to "Sign In" (to enter Untitled1111.pngUntitled444.pngmy email, attached screen). But it is strange because the application does not recognize the email that I have and I use in the community (where I get the notices of the community).  I believe that by not recognizing my email, I will not be able to change the password.

What do you think? (Thank you very much for your inquiry.).

Hello @walkra - Perhaps you can try contact Microsoft for support: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/ 

Hi, How are you?. 

You are really very kind. But how complicated it is to be able to solve something so simple. I entered the link that you told me but I go to different screens but I can not find the place to send a password reset request.

First: 

Untitled1.png

Then 

Untitled2.png

"Abrir Obtener ayuda", then

Untitled3.pngHere, I choose "Soporte técnico Premier" (By choosing some)

Untitled4.png

I choose "New support request"

Untitled5.png

But here I dont know that I must enter. My nick is walkra and I dont remember my Password. I dont remember like I do not remember how I registered at the time in the forum. I am trying to learn Power BI to work, and the forum is very useful for me.

Please, could you help me?.

Thank you very much. 

@walkra - This community leverages your work email account for your password. You don't have a seperate password for this community, and we do not store any password information. Because you use your work email and password to log into the community, I would recommend starting with the IT department of your work because there may be additional requirements put in place by your employer. Here is a link to how to update your Active Directory password.  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/user-help/active-directory-passwords-update-...

Hi. Thank very much. 

I will speak with IT (because I could not advance anything). Again, thank you very much for your patience. (If I observe that I do not advance along that path, I will open a personal account; Currently I have recorded my username and password in Internet Explorer). 

No problem @walkra, thanks for reaching out...I am glad you are part of the community!

BrandyG_iTalent
Administrator
Administrator

Hello @walkra - I've moved your post so that I can keep track of it. Let me do some checking interally and I'll get back with you on how we can proceed with your request.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors