Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

dileepkumar
Frequent Visitor

undefined

Hi 
I am experiencing a problem where one person can see data for all years but not for 2024 in PowerBI services. However, he can see the same report in another workspace. I have tested all access and there is no row level protection. Can anybody help?

4 REPLIES 4
v-kongfanf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dileepkumar ,

Can you provide some screenshot information and describe it?

Best Regards,
Adamk Kong

v-kongfanf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dileepkumar ,

First of all, according to the program provided by @ibarrau : If there is this icon in the upper right corner, then it means that after this report is published to the service, a user has used the filter to modify the report, and this result is saved.

vkongfanfmsft_0-1712208235959.png

If the following situation occurs, you can refer to the following ways to troubleshoot:

• Republish the report to the workspace where the report exists.
  •  Ensure that the datasets in the workspace that are not visible in 2024 have been recently refreshed.
  • Although you mentioned that there is no RLS and the user has access, it may be worth double-checking the workspace permissions. Make sure that the user has appropriate permissions not only for the workspace, but also for the particular dataset or report

vkongfanfmsft_1-1712208415912.png

For more details, you can read below document:

Data refresh in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Workspaces in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Adamk Kong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the reply 
i dont see any kind  filter option found in the report is their any alternate solution 

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. If other users can open the same report and they can see 2024 year. Then it's something on the user side. You can ask them to try reseting their filters to turn the report to the default state that was originally published:

ibarrau_0-1712155942267.png

If other users have the same problem, then it's an issue at the report. It could have a hidden filter.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors