Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Vitor_Liborio
Frequent Visitor

scheduled refresh not working Azure-MYSQL

I have some dashboards that the scheduled refresh is working, but when I try to create new connections in these dashboards with a new database on the same server or a new dashboard with connections that I already use, it shows this message when I try to connect with my credentials:

Vitor_Liborio_0-1714767955128.png

In Power BI Desktop this connection is working.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES 2
v-jialongy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Vitor_Liborio 

Given the scenario you've described, there are a few key areas we should explore to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Data Gateway Configuration: For Azure MySQL, a data gateway is required to refresh datasets in the Power BI service. Please ensure that the data gateway is properly installed, configured, and up to date. More details on setting up a data gateway can be found here:Add or remove a gateway data source - Power BI | Microsoft Learn.

2. Firewall Settings: Verify that the Azure MySQL server's firewall settings allow connections from Power BI. You may need to add the IP addresses used by Power BI to your server's allowed IP list. Instructions for configuring Azure SQL database firewall rules, which are similar to what you'd need for Azure MySQL, can be found here:Troubleshoot scheduled refresh for Azure SQL databases - Power BI | Microsoft Learn.

3. Credentials and Permissions: Ensure that the credentials used for the scheduled refresh have the necessary permissions on the new database. Sometimes, permissions might not propagate correctly to new databases or might be restricted based on the user's role.

Best Regards,

Jayleny

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors