Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

report can't Scheduled refresh with ODBC

I got some error. My data source are OpenEdge with ODBC  driver and Excel

Situation 1:if my report only with ODBC, it can Scheduled refresh on PBI Service,you can see the pictureCapture1.PNG

Situation 2:if my report with ODBC and Excel, it can’t Scheduled refresh on PBI Service,in this situation, i try to edit the credentials of ODBC, there is a error as blow

Capture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

My question is why the report with ODBC can Scheduled refresh but can’t Scheduled refresh with ODBC and Excel, any idea?

3 REPLIES 3
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Power BI doens't have 32 bit data gateway now. From your description, it seems that your DSN is 32 bit, I think that should be the issue. Please try to create a 64 bit ODBC DSN, then add a data source under data gateway to see if the same issue occur.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

what excel file? .xls or .xlsx ?  Where is the Excel file located? Does it need a gateway?

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi the Excel file is .xlsx    excel is stored on the company's public disk and the excel also need the gateway

today  I have test the report with Excel only. and the gateway is working, you can see the picture

Test of Excel.PNG

I have test the report with ODBC only and the gateway is working, but if I used the ODBC and excel, it doesn't work

can you help me to find the root cause

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors