Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

woogie
Frequent Visitor

"Visualization obj. can't be shown in browser" error

Hi,

I'm writing to inquire about error message below :

"Visualization obj. can't be shown."

My Dashboard are composed of a lot of data that are connected an dataset of other BI,

and I made a visualization object with these data in desktop mode.

Each object is worked in desktop mode, but it's not worked in browser.

i attached an error image below,

Please let me know what i have to do.

woogie_1-1688706850251.png

5 REPLIES 5
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @woogie 

Based on your error message given, it shows that the Power BI service can't retrieve the data to be displayed in the visual in the web report , this error happens during the process that Power BI service tried to query data from the data source "Power BI dataset" using the credential you configured in the Power BI service for this dataset, so we need to first make sure if the credential you configured in the Power BI service for this dataset is correctly entered and valid, please refer to this step:

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1688953035821.pngvyueyunzhmsft_1-1688953046106.png

Please also detailed refer to this official document link for the limitation of "Connect to PBI dataset" to make sure you have overcame all the pre-requirement of this feature:

Connect to datasets in the Power BI service from Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

And if your data source contains a local data source and connects using DIrect Query mode, you also need to configure the local data gateway:
On-premises data gateway - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Add or remove a gateway data source - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi, @v-yueyunzh-msft 

Thank you for your prompt reply !

the error message said that there's no credential in data source, but I have it in dataset that i connected to PBI as you can see below ☹️

is there anyting else that i should do?

woogie_0-1688954992909.pngwoogie_1-1688955014149.png

woogie_2-1688955165981.png

Hi ,  @woogie 

If convenient, would you like to kindly check if you can access the Power BI with your browser's private window and edit the credential again to select the privacy mode of the connection as "Organizational" to check if this can solve the issue?

vyueyunzhmsft_2-1688956302498.pngvyueyunzhmsft_3-1688956310233.png

If the problem still cannot be solved, if your desktop can view the data correctly, you can try to download the Pbix file, then republish it, and reconfigure the credentials to see if the problem can be solved.

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi, @v-yueyunzh-msft 

I've tired your directions  below,

1) Try with browser's private window

2) Reconnect the data credential

3) Download the Pbix, and republsih it and reconfigure the credentials.

but still ain't operated.

My PBI was connected to dataset of other dept's PBI.

Hi , @woogie 

Thanks for your quick response ! You connect to a dataset of other dept's PBI and you can see the data in Power BI Desktop instead of the Power BI Service.Dose the dataset is from external tenant or internal tenant?

Can you check this:
Only users with Build permission for a dataset can connect to a published dataset by using the Power BI service live connection. Dose it use the same credential both in Desktop and Service?

And for the power bi dataste , we do not need to use the gateway . Or the tenant open the private link?

Why dose your gateway is selected default?

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1688961321240.png

If true , can you provide the more detailed error code when you vire the visual in your report?

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors