Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

sahara
Frequent Visitor

"There's a problem with the flow's trigger" - Error with Instant Flow in Power BI

Hello!  I have a flow that I created a button for in BI, which pulls new part numbers created on an Excel sheet in SharePoint and creates a new Product record in Salesforce.  I have been regularly using this flow for about 2 weeks now without issues - including this morning - but now I am seeing an error in the first step and I'm unsure how to troubleshoot.

The error is identified "On Power BI Button clicked", which I did not add any manual config to:

sahara_0-1657144210245.png

From here, it is supposed to create the new Salesforce product record and then send the SF unique ID back to the Excel spreadsheet in SharePoint.  

I could always copy/paste the steps under "Apply to each" but I wanted to see what could be causing this first.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @sahara ,

The banner is displayed when the flow's trigger encounters an error. The purpose of the banner is to inform the user of a problematic trigger that will result in a flow not running. 

You can try the following:

1. Select the Fix the trigger link.

2. The failed trigger will be displayed. Select the trigger to inspect the underlying error message:

For specific content, please refer to:

There is a problem with the flow's trigger - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

This is the related document, you can view this content:

Solved: Error message with Flow trigger: There’s a problem... - Power Platform Community (microsoft....

Troubleshoot common issues with triggers - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

Power Automate “Fix the Trigger” Issue (and how to fix) – ReadyXRM

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @sahara ,

The banner is displayed when the flow's trigger encounters an error. The purpose of the banner is to inform the user of a problematic trigger that will result in a flow not running. 

You can try the following:

1. Select the Fix the trigger link.

2. The failed trigger will be displayed. Select the trigger to inspect the underlying error message:

For specific content, please refer to:

There is a problem with the flow's trigger - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

This is the related document, you can view this content:

Solved: Error message with Flow trigger: There’s a problem... - Power Platform Community (microsoft....

Troubleshoot common issues with triggers - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

Power Automate “Fix the Trigger” Issue (and how to fix) – ReadyXRM

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

There was no "Fix" link so I just re-created the flow.  I'm not sure what caused the error because it affected "Upon Power BI Button Clicked" and that's what I was looking for help with here.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors