Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

HenriqueRodrig
Regular Visitor

"Export data" deseable for a specific external user only

I am facing the following issue:

I have a report shared with several external clients, and they all have the same level of permission and the same configuration settings. They all have Build Report permission and are part of the same group in the "Export data" configuration under global settings.

However, the option to export data is not available for a specific client, and I have no idea why.

Is there any specific configuration that this client needs to activate (or deactivate) on their side?

I want to emphasize that ALL clients have exactly the same permissions and are within the same configuration groups.

I appreciate everyone's attention.

3 REPLIES 3
cassidy
Power Participant
Power Participant

I don't have experience working with external, but perhaps that one external client has their own Power BI capacity and the Admin Portal settings for Exporting is disabled?  I'd think your capacity settings is only for users within your org.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-share-dashboards#share-outside-...

Hi Cassidy, tks for your answer.

To work with external users, you need to invite then to your organization as an external user in Azure AD, so, I belive they will are under our "Rules" hehehe.

I don't know if thats is the real problem, but I will check if they have any internal configuration about that. Tks again

Unfortunately, this issue has not been resolved yet. The client has other reports with the same conditions as mine, and they can export the data.

Can anyone imagine what might be happening?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors