Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

publish dataset gives ownership issue / new workspace

Hello,

With new workspaces and last PBI Destop version, re-publishing an existing dataset from PBI Desktop or Service (obtain data) results both as taking ownership of that dataset (configured by X), wich is not the expected behavior and not the one of the previous workspaces where configuration did not change when publishing.

This is quite disturbing, as publishing results finally as resfresh fails and so then deactivation of planned refresh...

Did not find any workaround for that. Can you please help ? Thanks...

3 REPLIES 3
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Go to http://app.powerbi.com and then after you log in, click Get Data box on the lower left hand side and use “Files->Local file” entry to upload your PBIX file, then check if the issue still occurs.

get data.PNG

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-frfei-msft,

Thanks for your quick feedback.

Unfortunately, I checked that tip also (I sometimes had to use that workaround because of the already known error 500 on new workspaces) and it is still the same, ownership changed 😞

Are you able to reproduce the issue ? Thanks.

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my test, I cannoy reproduce your issue here. You can create a ticket from here to ask for help.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors