Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

SLI
Helper IV
Helper IV

problem with power bi authorization in d365 for finance and operation

Hello 

I activated power bi in dynamics365 for finance and operation, everything works properly with the admin account, all permissions work but as soon as I use another account I have this error message that appears:

PowerBINotAuthorizedException

and I do not know how to solve this problem!!!

I'm trying to display "manage credit and customer collection" report

thank you in advance for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
collinq
Super User
Super User

HI @SLI ,

Power BI and Dynamics 365 F&O can be a bit tricky.   I am assuming that you have created a Report Catalog in D365 and have selected the report from the Report Catalog and it is appearing in the Power BI Reports section of D365.  

If so, here are some of the things that we have had to do in the past.

• Does the user have the appropriate license to see Power BI reports
  • Be sure to share the report AND the dashboard (if there is one) with the user
  • Is the user part of a D365 authorized group that can see the Power BI Reports and/or the section of D365 that you put the report (if you put it in a specific area like Sales Orders and not its own ustom Workspace /Reporting Module / Analytics page).
  • You may have to share the report with that authorized Group ID (depending on your setup)
  • If you are embedding the report you will ahve to have the groupid in the embedURL
  • Is the personal dashboards in D365 setup (admin-system settings-reporting - allow power bi visualization

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!
  •  

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
collinq
Super User
Super User

HI @SLI ,

Power BI and Dynamics 365 F&O can be a bit tricky.   I am assuming that you have created a Report Catalog in D365 and have selected the report from the Report Catalog and it is appearing in the Power BI Reports section of D365.  

If so, here are some of the things that we have had to do in the past.

• Does the user have the appropriate license to see Power BI reports
  • Be sure to share the report AND the dashboard (if there is one) with the user
  • Is the user part of a D365 authorized group that can see the Power BI Reports and/or the section of D365 that you put the report (if you put it in a specific area like Sales Orders and not its own ustom Workspace /Reporting Module / Analytics page).
  • You may have to share the report with that authorized Group ID (depending on your setup)
  • If you are embedding the report you will ahve to have the groupid in the embedURL
  • Is the personal dashboards in D365 setup (admin-system settings-reporting - allow power bi visualization

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!
  •  

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors