Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

TAP936
Helper I
Helper I

opening a report in Service error

Hi, 

I have a user who gets the following error when trying to open a report online in service

TAP936_0-1616686088062.png

, but can open the report in Desktop? Anyone seen this before or know why it happens please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
collinq
Super User
Super User

HI @TAP936 ,

I would first check that the Gateway is working.  If that is fine, then I would check to make sure that you have the latest and greatest version of Power BI Desktop and publish again to confirm that the Desktop and Service are in sync.  Is this happening to everybody or just you?  If this is a SQL/SSAS datasource confirm that you have RLS enabled correctly.  Let us know!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
collinq
Super User
Super User

HI @TAP936 ,

I would first check that the Gateway is working.  If that is fine, then I would check to make sure that you have the latest and greatest version of Power BI Desktop and publish again to confirm that the Desktop and Service are in sync.  Is this happening to everybody or just you?  If this is a SQL/SSAS datasource confirm that you have RLS enabled correctly.  Let us know!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

thanks for coming back. This is happening to an end users but i am missing certain aspects of the conversation at this point, i was just trying to ascertain what the problem may be, you've certainly giving me that. I will reach out to the user and see if this helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors