Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

shabirAhmad
Helper II
Helper II

how can i get last Day of the month Inventory quantity in a table

Dear Experts,

I have requirement, i want to get last day of the month inventory quantity(Closing Inventory Quantity) of the table. Could you please support me.

Best Regards,

Shabir Ahmad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

, The name of the table is "INVENTORYTrans", where we have two columns (DatePhsical, Qty). Now, we will create a measure using these columns to get the last day of each month's inventory quantity.

Last DayInventory = 
VAR MaxDate = MAX(INVENTORYTrans[DatePhsical])
VAR LastDayOfMonth = EOMONTH(MaxDate, 0)
VAR LastDayInventoryQty = 
    CALCULATE(
        SUM(INVENTORYTrans[Qty]),
        FILTER(
           INVENTORYTrans,
            INVENTORYTrans[DatePhsical] = LastDayOfMonth
        )
    )
RETURN LastDayInventoryQty

Let me know if it is going to work or not. If not work, give me a short screenshot or your table with header and expected output in a sample Excel table will be very helpful. 

Thanks 
Royel

@shabirAhmad

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Royel
Helper II
Helper II

@shabirAhmad
I am considering in your dataset, you have Date, Inventory columns. You want only the last day of each months inventory value.  Here is the dax, 

Last DayInventory = 
VAR MaxDate = MAX(Inventory[Date])
    CALCULATE(
        SUM(Inventory[Inventory]),
        FILTER(
           Inventory,
            Inventory[Date] = LastDayOfMonth
        )
    )

And the result: 

Royel_0-1691756424683.png

Let me know @me the progress. 

Regards
Royel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Royel,

Can you please tell me about the above of your DAX.  In my Table there is only 1 DatePhsical that is the date the bases of this date i will find out inventory quantity and 2 value is Qty. Can you please add these 2 columns name in your DAX 1 DatePhysical and 2 Qty and my table name is INVENTORYTrans. Actually , i am new and not able to get your DAX and tried but no luck.

Best Regards,

Shabir Ahmad

, The name of the table is "INVENTORYTrans", where we have two columns (DatePhsical, Qty). Now, we will create a measure using these columns to get the last day of each month's inventory quantity.

Last DayInventory = 
VAR MaxDate = MAX(INVENTORYTrans[DatePhsical])
    CALCULATE(
        SUM(INVENTORYTrans[Qty]),
        FILTER(
           INVENTORYTrans,
            INVENTORYTrans[DatePhsical] = LastDayOfMonth
        )
    )

Let me know if it is going to work or not. If not work, give me a short screenshot or your table with header and expected output in a sample Excel table will be very helpful. 

Thanks 
Royel

@shabirAhmad

BegininngInventory = VAR MaxDate = MAx(UEINVENTORYTURNSANDINVENTORYDAYS[DATEPHYSICAL]) VAR LastDayOfMonth = EOMONTH(MaxDate,0) VAR LastDayInventoryQty = CALCULATE(SUM(UEINVENTORYTURNSANDINVENTORYDAYS[DATEPHYSICAL]),FILTER(UEINVENTORYTURNSANDINVENTORYDAYS,UEINVENTORYTURNSANDINVENTORYDAYS[DATEPHYSICAL]= LastDayOfMonth)) return LastDayInventoryQty.

I used this DAX followed your suggestion but no result.  As per your suggestion above i want to clear my confusion that is, what is "LastDayInventoryQty"? Is it a field in my Table(Datasouce table) means it will be existing field physically in my table.

Best Regards,
Shabir Ahmad

Hi @Royel ,

Thanks for your reply, how i will add this column to my table(DataSource) LastDayInventoryQty

You declare it in the DAX formula but one thing i am comfused that this will be a physical column in my table (Datasource)?? Because i don't have this kind of field or column

Best Regards,

Shabir Ahmad 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors