Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

nkkinariwala
Employee
Employee

hierarchy slicer coming up as blank

Hello Team, Since past 2-3 days, "Hierarchy slicer" is appearing as blank for already published report. Not sure if the latest PowerBI.com update messed up something with this visual. Can you please have a look at urgently? It is impacting lot of critical reports for which we are using Hierarchy slicer. Please let us know ASAP. Thanks, Nisarg
15 REPLIES 15
richardbadge
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

Just to say I have the same problem, The Hierarchy Slicer has been working fine for months but now I am getting the same issue as you where it is just a blank screen.

I have tried to create a brand new report with just the slicer and can see that it works in the desktop version,

Hierarchy Desktop.JPG

But when I then look in PowerBI.com I still get a blank screen as follows

Hierarchy IE.JPG

The one thing I have noticed now though is that it is browser dependant, as the slicer works fine in Google Chrome and also using the mobile app, but when using IE you just get the blank slicer.

This must have been a recent change to have caused this not to work in IE???

Thanks - Richard

We are experiencing the same issue in all our reports now. The Hierarchy slicer show up perfectly fine in Power BI Desktop but when published to Online Service it show as completely blank.

We just realised that this is only in Internet Explorer. If we open the report in Google Chrome the slicer is working fine.

I hope this can be fixed as soon as possible since Chrome is not a standard browser in our company and we now have multiple reports breaking due to this update in the Online Service which is extremely critical.

@jppp

Today we also got impacted by the issue. In chrome everything is working fine in IE the hierarchy slicers are blank. 

The issue is back for us in IE11 as per yesterday. 

@jpppplease advise. 

Hi @Mardin ,

There is an issue with the HierarchySlicer and Internet Explorer and a fix is comming.

Please use another browser (Chrome, Firefox or Edge) as a workaround.

Thanks, Jan Pieter

Hi @jppp 

We have over 2000 users that are affected by this.

We would like to have a ETA on the fix.

Thanks.

Kenneth M

@jppp  can you help please? 

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi All,

It seems fine in my test. I would suggest you contact the author directly here since it's a third party visual. 

Please also refer to Service/hierarchyslicer/m-p/407596#M44070 and Issues/Hierarchy-Slicer-is-in-disapearland-today-Shows-in-pbix.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

did you pre-select some value and published the report? That's where it is breaking

Hi @nkkinariwala,

I just tried it. It's fine. Did you try to rebuild it in the Service? It might be a workaround.

hierarchy_slicer_coming_up_as_blank

Best Regards,

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I think you just have one level. Can you have 2 level hierarchy and you can select 1 of them and then re-publish the report. Please try that scenario

Hi @nkkinariwala,

I tried that scenario. It's still fine. The most important thing is this visual is from the third-party. Please contact the author.

hierarchy_slicer_coming_up_as_blank3

Best Regards,

Dale

It seems you are directly creating a report and giving me a screenshot from edited version. I have a desktop file which I upload to workspace and evenutually publishing to App.

As you can see below, I have 2 hierarchy slicers. in the left one, I pre-selected some value but not for the 2nd one. 

so 1st one is not getting rendered. 

Hierarchy slicer issue.JPG

If PowerBI doesn't support custom visuals then in monthly releases, they shouldn't introduce and talk about custom visuals. I have been using this since a year and half, this is the 1st time I am facing this issue. As of now, I can't accept the reply as a solution. 

Yanx
Frequent Visitor

Did you ever get a fix when this occured for you?

Thanks,

Kristi

Yanx
Frequent Visitor

I am also seeing blank hierarchy slicers in pbi.com. All other visuals are fine, and it show in the .pbixblankhierarcyslicer.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors