Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AJPF
Helper I
Helper I

granting premium access, but only for one workspace

Hello all. 

Is it possible to give an individual user, or group of individual users, a single premium workspace app for which they are administrators, but without giving them admin access to any other workspace? 

To the best of my knowledge, all workspaces are independently controlled, managed and accessed.  Is it that simple? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @AJPF 

Yes, it really is that straightforward. The access to each workspace is independant of any other. This means you can create a Premium Capacity workspace, and grant access to a user or group and that will have access to that workspace. You can give them Admin rights in the Workspace, which again, are independant of Power BI Admin rights. This is true for Premium Capacity. The same is true for Premium Per User (PPU), but in that instance all those with access to the Workspace need a PPU licence.

Hope this helps

Stuart

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @AJPF 

Yes, it really is that straightforward. The access to each workspace is independant of any other. This means you can create a Premium Capacity workspace, and grant access to a user or group and that will have access to that workspace. You can give them Admin rights in the Workspace, which again, are independant of Power BI Admin rights. This is true for Premium Capacity. The same is true for Premium Per User (PPU), but in that instance all those with access to the Workspace need a PPU licence.

Hope this helps

Stuart

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors