Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

space83
Helper IV
Helper IV

error after received email subscription dashboard

i setup dashboard subscription to send me email daily at 5.00 pm.

everything was ok, i received the screenshoot of the dashboard correctly.

But at the same time i also received email as below.

what is the problem?

error-powerbi.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @space83 

Can you receive emails normally?
When the schedule time is up, Can the dashboard connect to the data source? Was the gateway closed?

Document link:Subscribe yourself and others to reports and dashboards - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If it doesn’t solve your problem, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
space83
Helper IV
Helper IV

hi @v-janeyg-msft 

suddently the subscription is work fine. I able to received a dashboard email without any error as mention is 1st post.

thanks for your help.

space83
Helper IV
Helper IV

hi @v-janeyg-msft,

very surprising. when i click button 'Run Now' the dashboard are sent correctly, no error.

but when it sent by scheduler (which is automatic) it will come with error email as pic in my 1st post.

Hi, @space83 

Did you try to set the Scheduled Time to one minute later, and then check if it also have the issue? Does the account that you receive the email have permission to view the current dashboard and all the contents inside?

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi @v-janeyg-msft ,

i cant  set the Scheduled Time to one minute later. the interval is between 15 minutes.

scheduled.jpg

yerp the account received an email is myself account. it got access to view dashboard and all the contents.

Hi, @space83 

Is your data source in DQ or LC mode?Can the dataset be refreshed normally?Please check it.

Set the scheduled time as short as possible, check whether other dashboards can receive mails normally.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

hi @v-janeyg-msft ,

yerp i am using DQ. the dataset can refresh normally, no problem.

i will take look another 2 dashboard later on. currently only subscribe for 1 dashboard and unfortunately received this error.

Hi, @space83 

Can you receive emails normally?
When the schedule time is up, Can the dashboard connect to the data source? Was the gateway closed?

Document link:Subscribe yourself and others to reports and dashboards - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards

Janey Guo

space83
Helper IV
Helper IV

hi @v-janeyg-msft 

I dont think my report has break any of limitation.

Did u able to remoting in my PC and have a take look?

Hi, @space83 

For work restrictions, we can't provide help outside of the forum. Please confirm whether this will happen when subscribing other reports and the privacy and security settings of the data source.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

space83
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi @v-janeyg-msft,

yerp the dashboard is displayed normally, no issue on the display.

Is that the error because of the below setting?

artifact.jpg

what the setting as above means?

Hi, @space83 

This function is disabled by the administrator, but it doesn't affect the questions you started to ask, mainly refer to the first answer I gave for troubleshooting.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @space83 

It’s my pleasure to answer for you.

Is the content in the dashboard displayed normally?

1. Please check if the report page hits the limitation listed here

2. Please check if any other reports have the same issue. 

3. Please check if your organization block the image. 

4.Please check if your data is private.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors