Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Shanshan_Jin
Frequent Visitor

dataflow refresh failed due to internal error

Some of my dataflow failed to refresh du to the following error.

Error: Internal error Request ID: 0cc50b5e-342d-1e1d-9943-20caafa209ec Activity ID: 85c08efc-8181-4c2d-a081-c1c512dd3e32

This is the first time I met with this stiuation. They used to work well during the past 2 weeks. But failed this morning.

Please help to see what I should do to fix them. Thx a lot

7 REPLIES 7
cignum

Experienced the issue all of a sudden after weeks of successfully completed scheduled refreshesand on-demand refreshes.
In my case, the cause was hidden in the settings / credentials.
Was difficult to spot because the "Data source credentials" section inside settings takes some time to enable.

Annotazione 2020-01-28 170116.png

THEG72
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @Shanshan_Jin  & @GilbertQ 

I have a similar error and disabled the multi-factor authentication but no luck!

Again, I can refresh within the Power Query online editor but no scheduled or on-demand refresh works.

Has anyone tested if Web.Contents function can refresh Dataflows on demand or via schedule?

My error log shows below, do these error ID's give ideas about why this fails?

Run timeDataflow nameDataflow refresh statusEntity nameStart timeEnd timeEntity refresh statusError
Invalid datePUPL2019FailedPU Profit & Loss13/04/2019 22:3113/04/2019 22:32FailedError: Internal error Request ID: ffd1ad8c-407f-5cea-34ab-0fe9fa15c4c3 Activity ID: 8f31c8e0-4271-47f4-860f-ca74b97e1131

Hi there

Have you tried to create the dataflow again from the start?

If that fails I had to log a support ticket request for the Power BI team to investigate.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hey @GilbertQ  

I tried to delete the data flow and start again... I noted the "runtime date" says invalid have you seen that before?

Again, the query refreshes fine the online query, just the refresh is failing when outside the Power Query window.

My time zone is Perth WA.

I am using an on-premise web API data source the uses web.contents to get the data. This works fine in the data set and refreshes without an issue using the Enterprise Gateway.

Anyway, I have logged call with MS support for now...cheers for your response

Error Log on demand RefreshError Log on demand Refresh

Hi GilbertQ,

The problem fixed automatically after failed for 3 or 4 days (include a weekend). I did nothing during that time. And it didn't happen again recent days.

Thanks a lot for taking care of it.

Awesome, glad it is working now

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Can you check if your account had got Multi Factor Authentication enabled?

If so that is the cause of the error.

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors