Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Lamasta

create a reduced model linked to the first

I have a Power BI Premium workspace where I've built a semantic model with 10 years of historical data. Now, I need to create a second semantic model within the same workspace, but this one should only include the last 2 years of data for specific, limited use cases.

I want to set up a data pipeline so that whenever the main semantic model refreshes, the secondary model automatically refreshes as well, ensuring both stay synchronized. How can I achieve this without having two independent models that refresh separately?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Lamasta 

Dataflows are great in premium environments, it would have been better if you had a Dataflow in place. In your case you can connect a new power BI desktop to the semantic model via Direct Query AS and filter data .

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Lamasta 

Dataflows are great in premium environments, it would have been better if you had a Dataflow in place. In your case you can connect a new power BI desktop to the semantic model via Direct Query AS and filter data .

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors