Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Housden996
Helper I
Helper I

Xero Data refresh in Service

Hi all

I have managed to connect to my companies xero API via the custom connector, extract and automatically update the bearer token in Power BI Desktop using the following M Query:

let
authUrl = "https://identity.xero.com/connect/token",

formBody =
[
   grant_type = "client_credentials",
   client_id = "xxxxxxxxxxxx",
   client_secret = "xxxxxxxxxxx",
   scope = "accounting.transactions.read"   
], 

AuthResponse= Web.Contents(authUrl,
[Headers=[#"Content-Type" = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"],Content = Text.ToBinary(Uri.BuildQueryString(formBody))]),

AuthJson = Json.Document(AuthResponse),
    #"Converted to Table" = Record.ToTable(AuthJson),
    token = #"Converted to Table"{0}[Value],

bearer = Text.Combine({"bearer", token}, " "),
    Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://api.xero.com/api.xro/2.0/CreditNotes", [Headers=[#"xero-tenant-id"="xxxxxxxxxxx", Authorization=bearer, Accept="application/json", #"Content-Type"="application/json"]])),
    #"Converted to Table2" = Table.FromRecords({Source}),
    #"Expanded CreditNotes2" = Table.ExpandListColumn(#"Converted to Table2", "CreditNotes"),
    #"Expanded CreditNotes" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Expanded CreditNotes2", "CreditNotes", {"CreditNoteID", "CreditNoteNumber", "Payments", "ID", "HasErrors", "CurrencyRate", "Type", "Reference", "RemainingCredit", "Allocations", "HasAttachments", "Contact", "DateString", "Date", "Status", "LineAmountTypes", "LineItems", "SubTotal", "TotalTax", "Total", "UpdatedDateUTC", "CurrencyCode"}, {"CreditNoteID", "CreditNoteNumber", "Payments", "ID.1", "HasErrors", "CurrencyRate", "Type", "Reference", "RemainingCredit", "Allocations", "HasAttachments", "Contact", "DateString", "Date", "Status.1", "LineAmountTypes", "LineItems", "SubTotal", "TotalTax", "Total", "UpdatedDateUTC", "CurrencyCode"}),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Expanded CreditNotes",{{"DateString", type datetime}}),
    #"Changed Type1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Changed Type",{{"DateString", type date}})
in
    #"Changed Type1"

So when I manualy refresh data in the desktop report this works.

I have published this to Power BI service and now I am getting a connection error when I try to connect the gateway with no real error code or message to help me resolve the issue. 

I have attempted anonymous organizational wich I am using in PBI Desktop as well as the the service principal in Power BI Service which doesnt work as well. I have this working for the MS Graph API as well as our service desk providers API just not this one.

Can any one notice any stand out issues which could be causing the gateway to fail/a fix?

Thanks in advance!

Alex 

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors