Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kchung_msft
Employee
Employee

Write Access to OneLake folder using RBAC

I'm trying to provide granular permissions for my system-assigned managed identity so that it doesn't have permission to do too many things.

At the Lakehouse level, I was able to give it "Read", "ReadAll" permisisons, but there wasn't an option to provide Write.

Within the Lakehouse, using "Manage OneLake Data Access (preview)", I created a role and assigned it to specific folders, but it also only shows Read, ReadAll.

How can I get this managed identity to have Write only on a selected set of folders? Workspace contributor seems too broad as it might provide Write to the entire Lakehouse which is undesireable.

2 REPLIES 2
kchung_msft
Employee
Employee

That looks to be operation-specific but I didn't see anything that suggested it could scope the permission to a subset of resources.
I was using https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/fabric/onelake/security/get-started-data-access-roles#assign-a-mem... as a reference as it appeared to allow for folder-level scoping of permissions.

v-zhouwen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kchung_msft ,

Perhaps you can leverage Azure role-based access control to create custom roles?The following articles may be helpful to you.

Azure custom roles - Azure RBAC | Microsoft Learn

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors