Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PtrckG

Why is Scorecard Metric status dependent on the format of change?

I have a scorecard metric to monitor the change of a result to make sure I'm notified when its fluctuation is above a certain percentage of the previous day's value. The rules are straightforward as shown in the screenshot.

RulesRules

Today I got a warning for a very minor change, which doesn't satisfy any of the rules. No matter how I updated the rules, I couldn't get the right status. 

But if I change the "Display as" option in "Time Period" tab from "Absolute value" to "Percentage", I got the right status.

Could anyone explain why, under the same rules, different "Display as" options would result in different statuses?

Wrong status for the small changeWrong status for the small changeOriginal "Display as" optionOriginal "Display as" optionNew "Display as" optionNew "Display as" optionCorrect status under the new "Display as" optionCorrect status under the new "Display as" option

1 REPLY 1
PtrckG

This is really weird. I created two manual metrics with the same rules but different scale of number. The "Absolute value" option can produce the correct status for the small number, but not the big one 🤯, while "Percentage" shows correct status for both numbers.

Both Rules.jpgDifferent Status.jpgSame Status.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors