Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

n_farooq

Which Power BI embedded sku license is a go to option for External & Internal Users

Hi,
Context:

We have a requirement where the power bi reports need to be shared with the external (apps own data) as well as internal (users own data) users at the application side in embedded form. The number of combined customers are more than 500 so we are trying to go for the Power BI Embedded SKU's as that seems the best approach.And by microsoft documentation it seems like EM SKU's is a better option as it provides us with opportunity of using embedded reports both for internal & external users.
Question:
Q1:

So the point where the help from the community is required that which Embeded SKU licence we should go for (A SKU or EM SKU as per our requirement)
Q2:
if we go for EM SKU's licence do we still need to add the external users emails in Azure Active directory as guest users or we have to add them in PBI Embedded EM SKU licence at Microsoft 360 (same as we do for assigning pro licences to external users)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi there. I would prefer A SKU because it's on azure. I can handle turn in or off easier, but it's not a feature issue. EM and A have almost the same capacities for fullfilling that goal.

Well, the users owns data should ask for a Microsoft professional login, so in there you might need guest users. However if you make apps owns data, then you can create a custom login or not login at all. You became the owner of the app and the access to power bi.

In order to get more details on the size of the A or EM you can check this table:

ibarrau_0-1659011891216.png

There already build platforms that would save you the development. You can just purchase one of those with embed licence and start using right a way. Let me know if you want to know more.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi there. I would prefer A SKU because it's on azure. I can handle turn in or off easier, but it's not a feature issue. EM and A have almost the same capacities for fullfilling that goal.

Well, the users owns data should ask for a Microsoft professional login, so in there you might need guest users. However if you make apps owns data, then you can create a custom login or not login at all. You became the owner of the app and the access to power bi.

In order to get more details on the size of the A or EM you can check this table:

ibarrau_0-1659011891216.png

There already build platforms that would save you the development. You can just purchase one of those with embed licence and start using right a way. Let me know if you want to know more.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors