Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jedwards_CSS
Helper I
Helper I

Want to auto-update screen every minute, won't do it.

So we have a Power BI dashboard that we want to update every minute.  It's a Direct Query, and we've set it to update every minute.  It updates every 5 minutes.  When we look at the refresh setting we see what's below --

jedwards_CSS_0-1713900147404.png

This appears to say that the admin has set the minimum refresh interval to one second, so we should be able to set this at one minute.  But it updates every five minutes in spite of us setting it to 1.

Question -- are we missing another setting somewhere else in the system?

6 REPLIES 6
v-xuxinyi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jedwards_CSS 

Thanks for the reply from @collinq , please allow me to provide another insight:

Here are my tests for your reference.

In my test I am using Direct Query connection mode to connect to SQL server.

Then I configured Auto page refresh for one minute intervals.

vxuxinyimsft_0-1713944440533.png

Normal Refresh

vxuxinyimsft_1-1713944561328.png

My advice for now is to check that you are logged into your account.

If I'm not logged in to my account then it looks like this:

vxuxinyimsft_6-1713945931060.png

For more details about Auto page refresh, you can read related document link:

Automatic page refresh in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Yulia Xu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

So that "Admin Interval 1 Second" thing essentially means nothing?  That is not referring to the admin setting for the minimum interval?

FYI, our admin set the refresh to 1 second, we set the refresh to one minute.  Refresh remains set to five minutes.  None of this helps, there must be another place where this needs to be set.

collinq
Super User
Super User

HI @jedwards_CSS ,

You are correct that the "refresh this page every" setting is the controlling setting.  This could be in two places - the desktop file (which you apparently have set to 1 minute?) and in the Premium Capacity workload configuration.  The instructions for the admin are at this site:  How to configure workloads in Power BI Premium - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

But, be sure that you have the page refresh setup in the desktop file to the 1 minute as well.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

FYI, our admin set the refresh to 1 second, we set the refresh to one minute.  Refresh remains set to five minutes.  None of this helps, there must be another place where this needs to be set.

So that "Admin Interval 1 Second" thing essentially means nothing?  That is not referring to the admin setting for the minimum interval?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors